With the ever-growing threat of cyberattacks, it is more important than ever to have a robust IT security plan in place. Small businesses especially are suffering from an alarming rate of 43% of cyber attacks aimed at SMBs. In an effort to protect themselves, their clients and their data are increasingly turning to IT security partners to help protect their organizations from cyberattacks.
Unfortunately, many businesses still remain unprotected. In this article, we will discuss some key points in searching for an IT security partner, and how they might be able to benefit you and your business.
IT Support and Security: What’s the Difference?
A managed IT services provider helps an organization keep its technology infrastructure running smoothly. This can include tasks such as managing servers, workstations, network appliances, and software applications.
A managed security services provider helps an organization protect its data and systems from unauthorized access or theft. This can include tasks such as firewalls, intrusion detection/prevention systems, antivirus software, and vulnerability assessments.
What Does a Cyber Security Provider Do?
An IT security provider offers a wide range of services that can help protect your business from cybercrime. These services can include:
- Firewall Management: A firewall is a critical part of any technology security plan, as it helps to block unauthorized access to your network. A managed security services provider can help you to configure and manage your firewall, ensuring that it is always up to date and effective.
- Intrusion Detection/Prevention: Intrusion detection systems (IDS) and intrusion prevention systems (IPS) are designed to detect and prevent unauthorized access to your network. A managed security services provider can help you to deploy these systems and will monitor them 24/seven to ensure that they are working properly.
- Antivirus Software: Antivirus software is essential for protecting your data from malware attacks. A managed security services provider can help you to install and maintain antivirus software on all of your devices, keeping your data safe from attack.
- Vulnerability Assessments: Vulnerability assessments are designed to identify weaknesses in your IT infrastructure that could be exploited by hackers. A managed security services provider can conduct regular vulnerability assessments and will help you to remediate any vulnerabilities that are found.
What to Look for in a Security Partner
When searching for a cybersecurity partner, there are a few key things to look for:
- Experience: Make sure that the provider you choose has experience in providing security services. Ask about their past clients and projects, and ensure that they have a good understanding of the latest cybersecurity threats.
- 24/7 Monitoring: Choose a provider that offers 24/seven monitoring of your IT systems. This way, you can rest assured that your data is always protected.
- Proactive Approach: Choose a provider that takes a proactive approach to cybersecurity. This means that they will constantly be on the lookout for new threats, and will work to keep your systems up to date with the latest security patches.
How SinglePoint Global Can Help
At SinglePoint Global, we offer a comprehensive cybersecurity solution that can help protect your business from cybercrime. Our services include firewall management, intrusion detection/prevention, antivirus software, and vulnerability assessments. We also offer 24/7 monitoring of your IT systems, so you can rest assured that your data is always protected. Contact us today to learn more about how we can help you to secure your business.BACK TO MAIN PAGE