If you’re like most business owners, you’re always looking for ways to improve efficiency and make more money. One way to do that is to upgrade your wifi infrastructure to WiFi 6. WiFi 6 is the latest generation of wifi technology, and it offers a number of enhancements over earlier generations.
In this blog post, we’ll go over some of the key features of WiFi 6 and explain why your business should support it. We’ll also show you how Single Point Global can help you make the switch.
What is WiFi 6?
2019 was the 20th anniversary of WiFi. The first WiFi standard, 802.11b, was released in 1997 and allowed for speeds up to 11Mbps. In the 20 years since, there have been several other iterations of the WiFi standard, including 802.11a (1999), 802.11g (2003), 802.11n (2009), and 802.11ac (2013). The latest version of the WiFi standard is WiFi 6 or 802.11ax.
It was designed to meet the growing demands of today’s users for higher speeds, greater capacity, and more efficient use of spectrum resources.
How is it Different from Earlier Generations?
There are a number of ways in which wifi six is different from earlier generations of wifi:
- Greater network efficiency: It is up to four times more efficient than WiFi 5, meaning that it can handle the same amount of traffic with less congestion.
- Enhanced security: It includes a number of enhancements to security, including support for encrypted management frames and improved authentication.
- Lower latency: It has a lower latency than earlier generations of WiFi, making it better suited for real-time applications such as gaming and video conferencing.
- Increased bandwidth (speed) and range (coverage): It offers increased bandwidth and range over earlier generations of WiFi.
- Longer battery life: One of the most notable features is its longer battery life. This is due to the increased efficiency of the standard.
- Better performance in remote or crowded environments: WiFi 6 is designed to perform better in challenging environments such as crowded public spaces.
Some of the key features include:
- Greater capacity: WiFi 6 can handle up to four times more devices than wifi five.
- More efficient use of spectrum resources: It is up to four times more efficient than WiFi 5, meaning that it can handle the same amount of traffic with less congestion.
- Increased security: It includes a number of enhancements to security, including support for encrypted management frames and improved authentication.
- Longer battery life: As mentioned before, one of the most notable features is its long battery life. Connecting to wifi previously drained device batteries.
With the improvements of WiFi 6, it is important to be able to craft your business infrastructure to support it.
How Single Point Global Can Help
As you can see, WiFi 6 is a powerful new standard that offers a number of benefits over earlier generations of WiFi. If you’re looking to upgrade your business infrastructure to support WiFi 6, Single Point Global can help.
We offer a wide range of products and services that can help you make the switch to WiFi 6. Visit our website today to learn more about how we can help you upgrade your business infrastructure.BACK TO MAIN PAGE